NYC restaurants wasted no time in pivoting to a Thanksgiving menu of tasty takeout this year, from mix-and-match a la carte items to complete ready-to-eat dinners for you to enjoy. So sit back, live stream the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and indulge in these terrific Thanksgiving takeout options in NYC. All require ordering ahead for pickup or delivery, so plan ahead.
Celebrate Bubby’s 30th anniversary this year with a ready-to-eat meal. Having expanded appreciably since their 1990 pie pop-up, Bubby’s Thanksgiving takeout menu has grown to include deviled eggs, market salad, pickled market vegetables, flaky buttermilk biscuits, roasted turkey with giblet gravy, glazed ham with pineapple and cherry, cornbread sausage stuffing, green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, creamy mashed potatoes, ambrosia, and their famous homemade pie. $100/two people, $200/four people, $300/six people. Orders must be placed by the end of day November 19 for pickup at their Tribeca location on Thanksgiving Day. 120 Hudson St.
Shake things up this holiday with a South of the Border twist on your traditional Thanksgiving meal. Dos Caminos is offering a family to-go pack with mole spice-rubbed roasted turkey breast, poblano cornbread and chorizo stuffing, piloncillo plantains and sweet potatoes, a Mexican market chopped salad, butternut squash soup, chips and three housemade salsas, esquites, canela and orange zest cranberry sauce, borracho beans, churros and cajeta, and pumpkin tres leches cake. $199/4 - 6 people. Orders must be placed by November 24 for pickup on Thanksgiving Day at their Times Square location - located only a short walk from The Manhattan Club! 1567 Broadway.
Friend of a Farmer
Friend of a Farmer has been a pioneer of the farm-to-table movement since 1986. Their reputation of providing fresh, seasonal ingredients carries over to their homestyle Thanksgiving menu, which includes butternut squash soup or creamy corn chowder, cornbread, apple butter, country pie, a choice of oven-roasted turkey, cornbread stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, maple sweet potatoes, succotash, and a deep dish apple pie. $56/adult. Orders must be placed by November 19 for pickup at their Gramercy location on Thanksgiving Day between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. 77 Irving Pl.
The casual American brasserie will feature its “heat-and-eat” Thanksgiving meal with butternut squash soup, honeycrisp apple and goat cheese salad, roasted turkey breast and turkey pot pie, smashed garlic potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, apple brioche stuffing, cranberry orange jam, turkey gravy, brioche dinner rolls, apple pie, and sticky toffee pudding. The Smith also has a plethora of hors d’oeuvre and a la carte options including cauliflower flatbread, tuna tartare, and short rib dumplings. $120/two people, $240/four people, $480/eight people. Orders are to be picked up at any of their four NYC locations on either November 25 or November 26. 1150 Broadway (NoMad), 1900 Broadway (Lincoln Square), 956 Second Ave. (Midtown), 55 Third Ave. (East Village).
Veggie Grill’s meat-free Thanksgiving options are so delicious and so satisfying, you won’t miss the turkey. The vegetarian holiday feast puts a unique spin on your favorite traditional flavors and requires a simple pre-heat in the oven. The meal includes turkey and shiitake mushroom pot pies, mashed Yukon gold potatoes and gravy, glazed rainbow carrots, and a holiday salad with baby spinach, cranberries, candied pecans, balsamic onions, and feta. Shareable mini pumpkin pies and additional pot pies and side dishes are available for an additional cost. $69.95/four people. Orders must be placed by November 18 for pickup at their Flatiron location on either November 24 or November 25. 12 W 23rd St.
Hungry for more? Visit these Manhattan eateries for more delicious Thanksgiving takeout options:
- Aquavit. The Scandinavian-style Thanksgiving meal includes fennel and caraway spiced turkey breast, smoked turkey leg, sweet potato puree, creamed cabbage, green bean and tarragon salad, kale and orange salad with pecan, lingonberries, Danish rye and butter, and apple crumble pie with vanilla custard.
- Baar Baar. The Indian restaurant features a special holiday dish with housemade kulcha (Indian flatbread) that’s cooked in a tandoor and topped with turkey, cranberry, truffle, and manchego cheese. The turkey is cooked with mint, cilantro, and a mixture of masalas.
- Blue Smoke. This family of four meal includes house-smoked turkey breast, gravy, cranberry sauce, biscuit dressing, mashed sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole. Apple crumb, bourbon pecan, and sweet potato pies are available.
- Carmine’s. The all-American Thanksgiving dinner is complete with an 18-pound turkey, Brussels sprouts with caramelized onions and applewood smoked bacon, sautéed string beans with toasted hazelnuts, baby carrots with fresh dill, sweet potatoes with marshmallows and maple syrup, and mashed potatoes with giblet gravy.
- Casa Del Toro. The Mexican-inspired Thanksgiving meal features chili-rubbed turkey tlayuda, chorizo y arroz stuffing, and apple chimichanga with Mexican chocolate crema.
- Cote. The Michelin-starred eatery has prepared their Holiday Galbi Jjim short ribs from Niman Ranch for six, cooked overnight with mushrooms, daikon, carrots, gingko nuts, and chestnuts.
- Daniel Boulud Kitchen. The meal is one of the most decadent on the list, serving 4 - 6 or 8 - 10 people and includes a free-range organic turkey, seasonal side dishes, classic desserts, housemade bread, and artisanal cheeses. Boulud’s Épicerie Boulud on the Upper West Side will offer a takeout dinner serving 6 - 8 people.
- Delicious Hospitality Group. DHG’s Thanksgiving to-go package feeds four and includes smashed potatoes, roasted delicata squash, braised lacinato kale, romaine hearts escarole, cranberry and horseradish sauce, turkey bolognese lasagna, and turkey breast roulade. Rib-eye, cocktails, wine, charcuteries, and pies are also available.
- Eleven Madison Park. The Michelin-starred restaurant has a classic meal kit for 4 - 6 or 8 - 10 people that includes a free-range organic turkey, sage gravy, parker house rolls, brioche stuffing, cranberry and orange chutney, leek fondue, herb-roasted carrots, haricot vert, green salad, apple-cranberry pie, and pecan pie.
- Extra Virgin. The West Village Mediterranean eatery is putting together a traditional Thanksgiving Day meal that includes a fall-harvest salad, roast turkey breast and braised dark meat, turkey gravy, vanilla whipped sweet potatoes, truffle baby Yukon potatoes, cranberry relish, roasted Brussels sprouts, and a cranberry pecan pie.
- Francis & Staub La Rotisserie. The Thanksgiving menu features a poached and roasted stuffed heritage turkey, sauerkraut, sweet potato purée, homemade honey butter cornbread, and gravy. Additional sides and desserts are available.
- Hearth will have a few takeout options, including a $75/person full festive feast with autumn squash soup, roasted turkey breast, braised leg and thigh, traditional bread stuffing, Yukon mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, brown gravy, pumpkin pie, apple crisp, or the $55 bird with trimmings.
- Hill Country Barbeque. Their traditional southern barbeque Thanksgiving feast serves 8 - 10 and includes a 14 - 16 pound pit-smoked turkey, texas toast stuffing, longhorn cheddar mac n’ cheese, green bean casserole, corn pudding, buttermilk mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, skillet cornbread with ancho honey butter, and apple and pumpkin pie.
- ilili. The Lebanese restaurant’s Thaksgiving catering package serves eight and comes with a whole turkey, stuffing "grand-mère", cranberry sauce, roasted sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and pecan pie.
- Jones Wood Foundry. The three-course meal comes with butternut squash ravioli, turkey and all the trimmings, pumpkin pie with chantilly cream, and a 64-ounce growler of virgin mulled apple and pomegranate cider.
- L’Amico. Traditional Thanksgiving meets Italian cuisine with options like turkey with cranberry-orange mostarda, oreganata gravy, pork sausage stuffing, spaghetti squash with gorgonzola and pine nuts, butternut squash soup with fontina agnolotti and sage, and pumpkin pie with hazelnut crunch and amaretto whipped cream.
- Le Privé. Their French-inspired takeout menu includes French onion soup, escargot, and short rib bourguignon in addition to turkey with giblet gravy, crispy sweet potatoes, and more.
- Oceana. The seafood restaurant’s classic Thanksgiving meal serves 4 - 6 or 8 - 10 people and includes turkey two ways, gravy, potato purée, sausage stuffing, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, rutabaga, cranberry sauce, house-made honey-glazed rolls, and pecan and pumpkin pie.
- Pulkies. Options include a fall turkey dinner and a vegetarian dinner with dishes like pimento cheese, endive and apple salad, hand-sliced barbecue turkey breast, pulled turkey, braised kale, mashed sweet potatoes, Manischewitz-cranberry sauce, and more.
- Rainbow Room. Deliverable meals for six created by Executive Chef Mathew Woolf include a 14 - 17 pound turkey, choice of soup, dessert, and eight sides.
- Rezdôra. The Thanksgiving menu for 2 - 4 people will feature Italian-inspired holiday classics like braised turkey legs “osso buco” style, lasagna modenese, braised cipollini onion agrodolce, seasonal greens, roasted honeynut squash, focaccia and more. Dessert options also available.
- Sarabeth’s. One of most reasonably priced meals on the list, the dinner includes free-range turkey with gravy, leek and sausage stuffing, brown butter whipped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, cranberry compote, bread, and a choice of pumpkin pie or apple cranberry crumble for only $40/person.
- The Polo Bar. The family-style takeout meal for up to 12 people includes a roasted free-range turkey, gravy, maple-sherry-glazed Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, chestnut stuffing, popovers with maple butter, and pumpkin cheesecake or bourbon pecan pie.
- Union Square Café. Take home a pumpkin lasagna for six. Chef Lena Ciardullo’s ready-to-bake dish features layers of ricotta, provolone, Grana Padano, pecorino, roasted pumpkin puree, Tuscan kale, house-made pasta, and bechamel baked in a pumpkin shell and topped with preserved lemon, pepitas, crispy sage, and balsamic vinegar.
- Wayan. The Indonesian-inspired Thanksgiving menu includes organic roasted turkey, Brussels sprouts with morning glory terasi, perkedel stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted delicata squash, spiced cranberry acar sauce, and long pepper gravy. Large format signature cocktails and whole pies can be added on.
Looking for more travel tips and activities in the age of COVID-19? Stay up to date with The Manhattan Club Blog and get your guide to the best of New York.