NYC Restaurant Week is almost here! The semi-annual event has celebrated the city’s love of food with the fabulous, can’t-miss event since 1992. With the best restaurants in NYC preparing prix-fixe menus, and at a bargain price for lunch ($21), dinner ($39), plus an all-new multicourse Signature Dining Experience ($125), local food enthusiasts and visitors alike can experience new restaurants and familiar favorites throughout the five boroughs.
Although Summer Restaurant Week in NYC doesn’t officially begin until July 19 (through August 22) reservations are now open at more than 500 participating restaurants. Here’s all you need to know about the culinary event of the season.
NYC Summer Restaurant Week Tips
NYC Restaurant Week is a wonderful way to experiment, enjoy lots of delicious food, and make the most of all that our city chefs have to offer. Fortunately, the NYC Insider Guide has given us plenty of great tips to make sure that everyone enjoys this “week”-long celebration. Check them out a few below, and read on for exciting deals we have our eye on.
Most restaurants do not participate during the weekends, so it's best not to expect a Saturday night prime time table during Restaurant Week.
Monday to Wednesday reservations tend to be easier to get than those for Thursday and Friday.
- When making a reservation, be sure to check the dates and mention you are booking for Restaurant Week.
- When being seated, ask for the Restaurant Week menu.
- Review the menu in advance, as there are usually fewer choices on the Restaurant Week menu than normal. If you have eating restrictions, you may be limited.
- The prix-fixe meals do not include beverages, tip, or tax.
- Tip the server based on the usual price of the meal, not the Restaurant Week price.
The Best Bang-for-your-Buck NYC Summer Restaurant Week Deals
We’ve rounded up a few of the city’s most sought-after restaurants that are going above and beyond to make your dining experience unforgettable. Here are our favorite deals within deals happening during the 35 consecutive dining-packed days. Be sure to book your table in advance.
- Il Cortile Restaurant has been a Little Italy staple for more than 40 years. Enjoy signature starters like fried baby calamari or baked clams oreganata, and entrées like spaghetti puttanesca, broiled salmon, and pepite di gnocchi with potato dough stuffed with chicken, spinach, and mascarpone. Stick around for the tiramisu.
- Redeye Grill in Midtown located across from Carnegie Hall and The Manhattan Club captures the essence of NYC with a large Restaurant Week menu that ranges from appetizers like jumbo lump crab cake and shrimp cocktail to entrées like salmon with wild mushrooms and miso black cod. Tantalizing dessert options include a chocolate blackout cake, strawberries and whipped cream, and ice cream. Enjoy their Restaurant Week menu amid murals of the Big Apple painted by an assortment of artists.
- Just around the corner from Redeye Grill, the Brooklyn Diner celebrates American and international dishes with a smorgasbord of classic diner fare. Appetizers include their famous chicken and egg noodle soup, while entrées like pan-seared teriyaki salmon and rigatoni alla vodka are deliciously followed by a strawberry blonde cheesecake. Visit their website for more Restaurant Week options.
- La Palapa Cocina Mexicana in the East Village is serving a wide-ranging sampler menu of Mexico City-style small bites like spiced guacamole, housemade totopos, and chalupa de hongos.
- The Midtown Japanese eatery that is Sakagura features an impressive seasonal prix fixe and sake pairing for Restaurant Week. Enjoy five course of dishes like Katsuo Tataki (seared slices of skipjack tuna), Hotate Butter Sauté (sautéed bacon-wrapped scallop), Sashimi Santen Mori (the day’s special sashimi trio), Madai Tsutsumi Yaki (salted and peppered made red snapper), and Malibu Blancmange (a dessert of coconut milk jelly topped with honeydew melon compote jelly and bits of honeydew melon).
While you're having fun reviewing menus and planning where to eat in New York City, why not start thinking about where to stay? We'd love to have you. Located in the heart of Midtown, The Manhattan Club would be your perfect home-base for your Summer Restaurant Week in NYC.
Now for a limited time, book our Dine on Us special offer for 15% off our best nightly rate plus gift cards to area restaurants including the Red Eye Grill, the Brooklyn Diner, and much more.