NYC Restaurant Week 2022 is almost here! The semi-annual event has celebrated the city’s love of food with the fabulous, can’t-miss event since 1992. This summer, celebrate its 30th anniversary with 30 days of the best restaurants in NYC preparing two or three-course, prix-fixe lunch and dinner menus at a bargain price. Local food enthusiasts and visitors alike can experience new restaurants and familiar favorites throughout the five boroughs.
Here’s all you need to know about the culinary event of the season, including some frequently asked questions, tips and tricks, and a selection of restaurants we have our eye on.
When is Restaurant Week 2022?
Summer Restaurant Week in NYC doesn’t officially begin until July 18 (through August 21) and reservations are now open.
What are the Best Restaurants for Restaurant Week NYC?
We’ve listed a few of our favorites below, but determining the best is entirely up to you! The Restaurant Week website makes it super easy to find the perfect restaurant for you. You can narrow your search by brunch, lunch, and dinner, and apply filters by neighborhood, cuisine, dietary restrictions, and more.
A Complete NYC Restaurant Week List
See all participating Summer NYC Restaurant Week restaurants and book your table here. This year, there are over 600 participating restaurants to choose from.
NYC Restaurant Week 2022 Menus
From the Restaurant Week website, just select the ‘Has Menu’ option and you’ll be directed to all the restaurants that have provided their special summer menu.
And now, on to our Restaurant Week tips
NYC Summer Restaurant Week 2022 Tips
NYC Restaurant Week is a wonderful way to expand your palate with new cuisine, enjoy lots of delicious food, and make the most of all that our city chefs have to offer. Fortunately, the NYC Insider Guide has given us plenty of great tips to make sure that everyone enjoys this “week”-long celebration. Check out a few helpful Restaurant Week tips below and read on for exciting deals.
- If you are having trouble selecting a restaurant, let social media be your guide. Search #NYCRestaurantWeek to see what’s trending and get a glimpse of what looks delicious.
- Don’t expect a Saturday night peak time table during Restaurant Week. Most restaurants do not participate during the weekends.
- Consider booking a reservation for Monday through Wednesday. They tend to be easier to get than those for Thursday and Friday.
- Still having dinner reservation trouble? Try booking for lunch instead.
- Remember Restaurant Week is five weeks long, so if tables fill up during the first few weeks, try again later.
- When making a reservation, be sure to check the dates and mention you are booking for Restaurant Week.
- When being seated, ask for the Restaurant Week menu if it’s not offered.
- If you can, review the menu online in advance, as there are usually fewer choices on the physical copy of the Restaurant Week menu than normal.
- The prix-fixe meals do not include beverages, tip, or tax.
- Check for special cocktails and wine pairings exclusive to Restaurant Week menus.
- It’s customary to tip the server based on the usual price of the meal, not the Restaurant Week price.
[Visit our website to subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive discounts, deals, and more from our Manhattan hotel. Learn more by visiting the link.]
The Best Bang-for-your-Buck NYC Summer Restaurant Week Deals
We’ve rounded up a few of the city’s most sought-after restaurants that are going above and beyond to make your dining experience unforgettable. Here are our favorite deals within deals happening during the 30 consecutive dining-packed days.
- Il Cortile Restaurant has been a Little Italy staple for more than 40 years. Enjoy signature starters like fried baby calamari or baked clams oreganata, and entrées like spaghetti puttanesca, broiled salmon, and mussels, clams, and calamari fra diavolo. Stick around for a choice of house desserts. $40 two-course lunch, $60 three-course dinner.
- Michael’s contempo California cuisine has been attracting crowds since 1989, even welcoming bigwigs like Hillary Clinton, Kristen Gillibrand, Warren Buffet, and Tom Brokaw. The upscale Midtown eatery’s Restaurant Week menu includes dishes like chilled carrot and ginger soup, mushroom and asparagus risotto, and Korean BBQ pork chop with shishito peppers, scallion, and ginger. $45 three-course lunch, $60 three-course dinner.
- Fine & Rare is all about elegant American fare, over-the-top cocktails, and an esoteric wine list paired with nightly live jazz. The Midtown establishment’s Restaurant Week dinner menu includes dishes like local burrata with heirloom tomatoes, almond pesto, and saffron, seared red snapper, and lobster ravioli, plus sweet treats like coconut mango panna cotta and barrel aged coffee gelato. $60 three-course dinner.
- Hangawi reimagines Korean fare using 100% plant based ingredients. Head to Koreatown to enjoy their serene atmosphere and Restaurant Week experience with vegan plates like stuffed shiitake mushroom, eggplant rolls, baby dumplings, summer Korean pancakes, and summer bibimbap. Pair it all with a special lychee mojito soju cocktail and save room for their mochi platter or soy cheese cake with vanilla almond ice cream. $60 three-course dinner.
- Jasmine’s Caribbean Cuisine in Hell’s Kitchen is always a summer favorite. Inspired by the bright colors of the islands, their Caribbean fare Restaurant Week menu presents dishes like codfish fritters, jerk chicken, and empanadas. $45 three-course lunch, $45 three-course dinner - both include a glass of red or white wine!
- Redeye Grill in Midtown captures the essence of NYC with iconic murals of the Big Apple and a worldly menu with options like colossal coconut shrimp, NY strip, a sushi burger, and coq au vin. The restaurant has been a dining staple in Midtown for over 25 years and is located next to Carnegie Hall and The Manhattan Club. $30 two-course lunch, $60 three-course dinner.
See all participating Summer Restaurant Week restaurants and book your table here. We’d love to see what you get up to! Tag us in your social media posts and be sure to include #NYCRestaurantWeek so we can see what tasty dishes you’re enjoying. Foodies will also love our ongoing Best New Manhattan Restaurants series on our Blog.
While you're having fun reviewing menus and planning where to eat in New York City, why not start thinking about where to stay? We'd love to have you. Located in the heart of Midtown, The Manhattan Club would be your perfect home-base for your Summer Restaurant Week in NYC.
Now for a limited time, book our Dine on Us special offer for 15% off our best nightly rate plus gift cards to area restaurants including the Red Eye Grill, the Brooklyn Diner at 57th Street, and much more.
Our continental breakfast is back! And to celebrate we’re offering a Jump Start Your Day special all through the month of July. Book now to receive 20% off, plus daily continental breakfast and a $10 Starbucks gift card.