Discover some of the best that our city has to offer with our list of what's free in NYC!
Our city might not be known for being budget-friendly, but it really is possible to enjoy a fabulous NYC getaway without breaking the bank. If you're planning to visit, or even if you live here, why not save when you can, so that you can splurge when you want? Here's how!
Research the “free admission” hours for many of the top NYC museums.
It's a well-kept secret, but many of our museums have “pay what you wish” or "donation only" hours, so check their websites before you go, and plan your visit accordingly. One of the most popular museums, the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) even has a Free Friday promotion between the hours of 4 and 8 pm,
Warm weather means many “priceless” activities to explore.
- Visit the many public beaches, or take in the sights and sounds of Coney Island (it's free to walk the colorful boardwalk or splash your feet in the ocean, so why not indulge in some delicious carnival eats while you're there).
- Enjoy the NYC skyline from the decks of the always free, Staten Island Ferry.
- Take a “Free Tours by Foot” in Central Park, either with a personal tour-guide or with your handy digital device leading the way (thanks to a downloadable app).
- Check out the free 20 minute kayak rentals on the Hudson River at Pier 26, Pier 96, or Governors Island.
- Get your best Namaste on while relaxing with some outdoor yoga at Bryant Park (Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings)!
Take in a show for free.
Many of the top daytime and late night shows have free audience taping and backstage tours. See Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, and many other comedy greats - while free, tickets go quickly and should be reserved in advance. And, depending on the time of year, the public parks are also full of free entertainment from concerts, movies, and even Shakespeare!
As always, The Manhattan Club has a variety of special offers and packages that will keep you well within your budget, without limiting any of your fun!